Monday, March 9, 2015

Eighteen Months Old!

People say a lot of things I realize.  Cliches, advice, random thoughts about their life, your life, and everyone else's life in between.  But, none of the things "people" have said ring more true to me about motherhood and having a child than "Time Flies. "Because woah, people.  You. Are. Right.  It does. I can remember Brooks' newborn days with such clarity that I can relive them in my mind any time I want.  Sometimes I miss those days (mainly when I'm on a shopping trip and used to have a sleeping infant and now I'm wrangling a squalling toddler) and other days I am so glad he can tell me if he would rather have pancakes or waffles for breakfast. (This morning he chose "awwfels.")

Two weekends ago we spent a couple hours with our favorite photographer in the history of ever.  Jessie Kriech-Higdon of KH Photo.  Shameless plug for her there.  We went with the plan of just taking Brooks' 18 month photos but also got to unexpectedly use the opportunity to announce our latest pregnancy!

Anyways, I have lots to say today but not enough time to say it. We are in Monday grind.  Which means I'm chasing two toddlers who are fighting over a pacifier that one of them refused his whole flipping life (cough:Brooks:cough) and trying to protect our poor Sully from all the undesired petting, wiping snotty noses, folding laundry, paying bills, and counting down the hours to a Mom's dinner out with my Bible study Mommas that I need to shower for but am not certain when (read:IF) that will happen. Totally Monday, right?

So without further ado, my sweet, sweet toddler who is undoubtedly God's answer to my prayer for patience. A.K.A. ask and you'll be given the opportunity to learn.






















No comments:

Post a Comment